If you have set up Website Forms (i.e. an online web questionnaire that is available to the public via a link on your website), you will be notified when a new submission is completed and the results of this submission will appear in your Website Forms inboxes in the Ocean Portal. Below describes the process in which submissions are received and processed.
Note: Because Website Forms are available to the public, submissions first enter into your Website Forms inbox, rather than directly into the EMR (to make sure any bogus submissions are filtered out before entering into the EMR).
View your submission.
- Once a new submission is completed, the Clinical Administrator Email (which can be set in the "Site Account" section of the Admin Settings page) will receive a notification of its completion.
- From there, you can log in to the Ocean Portal and check your new submission in the "New" inbox of the Website Forms view.
Click on the new submission to view its details.
- General panel
- This is where any demographic information provided on your Website form will populate, including the patient's name, address, phone number, email address, etc.
- Notes panel
- This is where you can add any free-text or pre-programmed notes related to the submission (e.g. Contact attempted, patient was seen, etc.).
- Referral Note panel
- This is where the results of the Website form will populate (a.k.a. the "clinical note" associated with the Website form).
- Scheduling panel
- This is where you can record if and/or when you've booked an appointment for this patient (if, for example, your Website form was for patients requesting to book an appointment at your clinic). If the patient has provided their email address, you can also add a comment for the the booking "Comments for Referrer and Patient) and/or attach a file for them to review (using the paperclip icon), as needed.
Manage your submission.
- Once you've edited the request to your liking, you can either "Accept" or "Decline."
- This will open up an Import dialog box and move the request into your "Booked Unconfirmed" inbox. For more details about how to import requests, please refer to this article.
- From there, if you've booked an appointment for the patient, you or the patient can confirm their appointment booking (assuming the patient has granted email consent). Once the patient has been seen, you may mark the request as "Completed".
For more details on how long submissions are kept within Ocean, please refer to "How long will my eReferrals be stored in Ocean?".