If you are troubleshooting with support from CognisantMD staff, we may ask you to send some reference numbers of the problematic patient charts in question (e.g. Ocean patient reference number or EMR ID), since we cannot see any of your site's patient names (for patient privacy reasons).
You can find these patient identifiers in any one of the following places.
- This is, unfortunately, usually a hidden field that represents the true, unchanging & unique patient ID in the system (healthcard, name, etc. are all liable to change).
- You may be able to find this value by searching for the patient in the Patients view in Accuro. The EMR ID will be the number that appears to the left of the patient's name in the search results box in the top right.
- Otherwise, you may be able to extract this from the ad-hoc query tool reports, or through SQL queries. Contact QHR for help if you need to access your patient IDs.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal. If you aren't already in the Patients view, click "Menu" in the top left corner and select "Patients". Find the patient in question by searching through the list of patients or using the "Find Patients" search bar along the left.
- The Ocean reference number will be the number under the "Reference #" column and the EMR ID will appear under the "EMR ID" column.