If you work with an MOA, receptionist, nurse, resident, or student who will be sending eReferrals or Patient Messaging on your behalf, you will want to invite them to create an Ocean user account and set them as your clinical delegate.
This step is an optional part of setting up an Ocean eReferral / Patient Messaging user who will be sending online messages or eReferrals on your behalf.
Invite your delegate(s) to create an account on your Ocean site.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Admin".
- Enter the Users section (selected from the menu along the left.)
If your colleague already has an Ocean user account, enter their username. They will be added to your Ocean site directly.
If your colleague hasn't created an Ocean user account yet, you can enter their email address. Ocean will send them an email invitation to instruct them to create an Ocean user account.
When you are finished, select "OK".
Add your delegate(s) as delegate user(s) on your account
- Log into the Ocean Portal.
- Click your name in the top right hand corner and select My Account from the menu. From the User Settings page of your account, select the "Edit Delegates" button.
Set a Primary Delegate (optional)
- You can select one of your delegates to be your primary delegate. Only this primary delegate will be covered under your own Patient Messaging subscription (if applicable.)
Note: Users can only have one Primary Delegate.