Create an Ocean-specific provider and user account in the EMR. Ocean will use these accounts to integrate with OSCAR Pro.
To allow Ocean Cloud Connect to authenticate your EMR integration and save notes into your EMR, an Ocean-specific provider and user account ("Ocean Connect") must be created.
Note for OSCAR Pro Authentication ("Pro Auth") Users
If your EMR instance uses OSCAR Pro Authentication ("Pro Auth"), please skip directly to Step 4 in this article as your "Ocean Connect" user has already been created and its credentials provided to you by OSCAR Pro Support.
Not sure if you're using OSCAR Pro Authentication?
If "Pro Auth" is enabled but you have not yet received your "Ocean Connect" user credentials from OSCAR Pro Support, or you're unsure whether "Pro Auth" is enabled, please contact OSCAR Pro Support.
1. Add a New "Ocean Connect" Provider
- Log in to your OSCAR Pro EMR and open the "Administration" window from the menu at the top of the page.
Fill in the following fields:
- Provider Number: (use the "Suggest" button to generate)
- Last Name: Connect
- First Name: Ocean
- Type: Doctor
- Has Schedule: Enabled
- Receives Ticklers: Enabled
2. Assign the "Ocean Connect" Provider a Primary Role
- In the Administration Panel window, under "User Management," click "Assign Role to Provider."
- In the user table, assign the Ocean Connect user the role of "doctor" (if it is not already set), and click "Add".
- In the "Set primary role" section beneath the table, select the "Connect, Ocean" entry in the Provider dropdown and select "doctor" in the Role dropdown. Click "Set Primary Role."
3. Add a New "Ocean Connect" EMR User
- In the Administration Panel window, under User Management, click "Add a Login Record."
Fill in the following fields:
- Username: OceanConnect (ensure there are no spaces)
- Password: (set a secure password for this user and store it in a safe place- e.g., with your Ocean Shared Encryption Key).
- Confirm: (retype the password above)
- Provider Number: (select “Connect, Ocean” from the dropdown menu)
- Pin(remote) Enable: Enabled
- Pin(local) Enable: Disabled
- PIN: (set a secure pin for this user and store it with your Ocean Shared Encryption Key).
- Confirm: (retype the PIN value)
- Force Password Reset: false
Click the "Add Record" button, and record your newly created credentials in your Ocean Credential Reference Card.
You will use these EMR user credentials later on in the integration.
4. OSCAR "Pro-Auth" Users Only: Setting the Security Record Integration Credentials
Note: Only perform this step if your EMR uses OSCAR Pro Authentication ("Pro Auth").
- In the Administration Panel window, under User Management, click "Set Security Record Integration Password."
- Username: (select "OceanConnect")
- Password: (enter the password for the "OceanConnect" user provided to you by OSCAR Pro Support)
- Confirm Password: (retype the password)
- Pin: (set a secure pin for this user and store it with your Ocean Shared Encryption Key.)
- Confirm Pin: (retype the pin above)
- Click the blue "Update Record" button to save your changes.