Note: You must be an Ocean administrative user to access Patient Reminders settings.
- You can customize your automated Patient Reminders by logging into the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Patient Reminders".
- Clicking either option will bring you to the "New Reminder Rule" or "Edit Reminder Rule" page. Refer to Edit Reminder Rules for a detailed description of each setting.
- Under the Rule Conditions heading, you can configure your rule type. Please refer to Managing Appointment Type / Reason for Visit for Reminders for details on how to retrieve/set appointment type(s) in your EMR.
- Appointment Reason:
- By selecting this rule type, you can type in an appointment reason, as it appears in Accuro, PS Suite, Med Access or OSCAR PRO (e.g. Specialist Consult).
- Visit Type:
- By selecting this rule type, you can type in an appointment type, as it appears in Accuro or OSCAR PRO (e.g. NP).
Note: Not supported for PS Suite or Med Access. Please use "Reason" instead.
For Accuro and OSCAR PRO Users: you can type in both an appointment reason and type, in the boxes that appear. Ensure that what you type in exactly matches what is in your EMR.
- By selecting this rule type, you can customize your reminder audience with more precision.
- Once you have configured Patient Reminders, please ensure you test your reminders.