OceanMD employees (including system administrators) do not have access to our customers' encryption keys without the direct immediate authorization of the health information custodian. Therefore, employees are unable to see or disclose any PHI.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Security & Encryption FAQAt A Glance: Security & Encryption FAQ Read All FAQs View All Terms Return To Guide Return To Getting Started Guide Read All Articles
- How long does it take for an inactive Ocean User session to be automatically logged out?
- Can you describe the network flow of data in Ocean?
- What personal health information (PHI) is stored in Ocean?
- How do Ocean customers avoid privacy and/or security risks when using Ocean?
- Where is Ocean data stored?
- How does Ocean keep PHI secure in email?
- How do I protect the privacy of my site's shared encryption key?
- What is the difference between Health Information Custodians and Non-Health Information Custodians?
- How does OceanMD validate referrers as legitimate health service providers (HSPs)?