The first thing you'll want to do is to access the Ocean Portal and set your Shared Encryption Key so that you can upload and view your patients.
Connect to the Ocean Portal.
- Start by connecting to the Ocean Portal.
- Log in using your ocean username and password.
- Once you've logged in, you should see the Ocean Portal. We recommend you bookmark this page on multiple computers for easy access in the future.
- You can learn more about all of the customizable settings in our Guide to the Ocean Portal.
Create your Shared Encryption Key.
- To use Ocean with your patients, your site must first choose a shared encryption key, which is a secure key that Ocean sites use to safely and securely exchange patient data. You should only proceed to set up this key if you are an authorized representative of your clinic.
- Refer to the article The Shared Encryption Key for more information and detailed instructions about how to set it up.
Decrypt and view your patients.
- Once you've created your encryption key, you can upload your patients into Ocean.
- In the Patients view, a complete set of the patients you've uploaded to Ocean should be listed.
- If this is the first time that you are logging in to Ocean on a specific device, when you first load the page all your patients are listed as “encrypted”. Simply click the "Enter Your Shared Encryption Key" button and type in your key to decrypt your patients.
- Once you've entered your key, all of the patients should appear in the list unencrypted (i.e. with patient names visible) within your browser.
- Note: The shared encryption key is stored privately within your current browser on the current computer. Any other computers that attempt to access the Ocean Portal will also require this key to be entered. With this in mind, it might be worthwhile now to set up all of the other computers that will access the Ocean Portal (you will only need to enter this key once on each computer when you log in to Ocean for the first time on that device).