We are excited to announce that we have released a new Template Manager in the Ocean Portal, making it easier for Site Admins to manage, edit, and create templates for patient messages and reminders. Here are some of the highlights:
- Access for All Site Admins: The Template Editor allows any Site Admin to create templates without a Patient Messages licence, making site administration and set-up easier.
- Quick Template Search & Management: Ocean users can now easily search and find the template they are looking for using the built-in search bar in the Template Manager. This search feature is also included in the patient message window when sending a patient message.
- Easy Create & Duplicate with Recommended Language: When creating a new template, Ocean will automatically insert a basic message for your patients, clearly explaining how to access their Ocean message. You can edit this recommended language to create custom templates for your clinic, or use it as-is to get started right away. If you need to copy a message template, we've made that easy too with our one-click Duplicate option.
How do I access the Template Manager?
- The new Template Manager provides a dedicated space to manage your existing templates and create new ones. If you have just created a new Ocean site, it will include two basic templates - one for Secure Messages and one for Appointment Reminders - which you can conveniently customize to suit your clinic's unique needs.
- In this area, you can easily see all of your existing templates, along with any eForms that are attached to your template. If you have a large number of templates, you can use the search bar at the top to find a specific one, or press the blue 'Add Template' button if you want to create a brand new template.
- You can modify any existing template using the 'Edit' button on the right hand side, or use the 'Duplicate' button if you're looking to create multiple similar templates with slight differences in content.
- Once you have decided to edit or create a template, Ocean will launch the Template Editor. If you are creating a brand new template, it will be pre-populated with default wording which you can easily modify or replace.
- The editor includes detailed descriptions for each editable field to make customization more intuitive.
- Once you have completed the customization of your template, you can use the 'Save' button at the bottom to save your template, making it available to be used with Patient Messaging or Patient Reminders.
- Alternatively, you can use 'Save & Make Site Default' to set this template as your Ocean site's default template, which is the template that automatically appears when sending a Patient Message.
- To delete a template, you can press the 'Delete' button at the bottom right.
Global Template Settings
- From the Template Manager area, clicking the 'Settings' button in the top right corner brings you to the new Template Settings page. This provides a single location for advanced template settings that will apply to all templates.
- In this area, the 'Email Friendly Name' and 'From Address' are shown, which indicates the name and email address that will appear in patients' email inboxes when they receive a secure message or reminder.
- You also have the option to 'Lock email body contents for non-admins'. If set to 'Yes', this prevents non-admin users on your Ocean site from modifying the email body of your templates when sending a message.
- The 'Overdue Notifications' setting allows you to indicate the behaviour of alerts if you are making use of the Overdue Notification option on your template(s). You can choose between being alerted about each patient once (recommended), or to be alerted daily about all overdue patients until their statuses are cleared.
For more information on the different components of your templates, please see how to Customize Your Templates.