Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
- For non-integrated Ocean sites, users can go directly to the Ocean Healthmap to send eReferrals. As the patient demographic information is not pulled in from an integrated-EMR, referring providers will need to manually complete this portion of the referral at the time of sending.
- If these sites would like to have their patient information pre-populated, they can bulk upload a set of patients in to their Ocean site under the Patients View.
- See the following support article for the various importer types and their sample templates that can be uploaded into Ocean. The General Importer is the sample containing all of the patient demographic fields on a referral form. Use this sample file to generate a list of your patients you would like to upload into your Ocean site.
- Once your patient list is generated, go to the Action menu in the bottom left of Patients page and select "Upload Patients from File".
- Select the file containing your list of patients, choose the General Importer from the dropdown, and provide a Cohort Id (a name to identify the patient set being uploaded).
- Select "Upload". You will receive a confirmation prompt when the patients have been successfully uploaded into your Ocean site.
Note: Uploaded patients will be maintained in Ocean for 14 days before they are purged automatically from the site.