Patient Reminders logs contain a history of every reminder sent to your patients within the past 2 weeks.
Note: You must be an Ocean Administrative User to access Patient Reminder logs.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Patient Reminders".
A Sent status means that Ocean successfully sent the reminder to the email host or SMS text messaging provider. Please note that a sent status doesn't necessarily mean that your patient has received the reminder. There may be delays/issues with the email host/SMS text message provider which may result in patients not receiving their reminder.
An Aborted status means that Ocean was not able to send the reminder off to the email host or SMS text messaging provider. See the Description column for details.
Reminders log statuses and descriptions
- Phone number not allowed to receive SMS
- The phone number in the Reminders log may differ from the phone number in the patient's chart of the EMR. Ocean can't find a phone number in the patient's chart and therefore did not send the text message.
- Phone number failed validation
- The number listed in the patient's chart failed our validation for legitimate phone numbers.
- Phone number opted out for SMS
- The patient opted out of receiving SMS text messages from the Ocean Platform.
- Maximum SMS character length exceeded with siteName length of ... and providerName length of...
- Your organization name/ site name and provider name have exceeded the character limit for SMS. Shorten your organization name.
- Message body contains invalid SMS characters
- Please check your organization name/site name and provider name for any non-GSM-7 characters. You can edit your organization name in Ocean and you can edit your schedule name directly in your EMR.
- SMS message was aborted due to being in Test Mode
- SMS text message reminders are not sent while the site's Patient Reminders are in Test Mode.
- Unable to create SMS message in Twilio
- An error occurred when sending the SMS text message through our SMS text message service provider.