Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
You must be an Admin user at your Ocean site to configure these settings.
If you are a receiving site that accepts eReferrals, and would like to configure your site to automatically close booked referrals, follow the steps outlined below. This will allow your site to automatically move referrals to the Completed folder without having to manually open and mark them as Complete.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal.
- Open the Menu and select the eReferrals option.
- Within the Receiving Referrals settings list, select "Yes" under the "Automatically Close Referrals" setting. This will trigger Ocean to run a scheduled job every night to look at ALL referrals sitting in the Booked Confirmed and Booked Unconfirmed folder of your site, and close them.
- When the above setting is enabled, Ocean defaults to closing referrals 7 days after the latest appointment. You can change the number of days for when you would like Ocean to close the referral, based on how long ago the latest appointment on the referral was.
Note: You will want to ensure the number of days chosen provides your site with enough time to appropriately update referrals as "No Shows", or add additional appointments/slots to referrals that will be booked again, before Ocean automatically closes them.
- Save changes.
- Once the scheduled job is run, closed eReferrals will be moved to the Completed folder of your Ocean site. An automated message will be added to the messaging pane to inform all stakeholders that the referral was closed automatically.
- An "Automatically closed" event will be added to the Event log with the date and time that the scheduled job was run.