This step is optional. This setting is used to configure a single Provider Schedule in multiple different ways.
Note: This step is optional. This setting is used to configure a single Provider Schedule in multiple different ways.
Alternate Configurations allow you to create multiple Provider Schedule configurations in Ocean, for a single EMR schedule. This can be helpful for a variety of reasons. For example, if a provider occasionally hosts a specialty clinic (e.g., flu shot clinic) and wants a unique online booking link for those specialty appointments only, they could configure their default schedule to accept their “regular” appointments, and create an alternate configuration of their schedule to accept specialty appointments only (flu shot appointments).
To reduce confusion during setup, we recommend setting a unique "Patient Friendly Schedule Name" for each configuration of the same provider schedule, such as “Dr. Kavanagh” for the default configuration, and “Dr. Kavanagh - Flu Shots” for an alternate configuration for the flu shot clinic example.
Navigate to Ocean's online booking settings.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking". Click the "Settings" button in the top right corner.
- Next to the Provider Schedule you would like to create an alternate configuration for, click "Edit".
Add and configure your alternate schedule.
- Next to the Default Configuration heading, click Add Alternate Configuration. Scroll down to find the new Alternate Configuration heading and settings below.
- Ensure that you indicate a unique name for your Alternate Configuration. By default, your Alternate Configuration will inherit all of the settings from the Default configuration on your Provider Schedule.
- To change settings for an Alternate Configuration, simple click the "Change" button next to "Inherited from Default Configuration" under each setting to modify it. For example, you can press "Change" under the "Appointment Types" heading to specify the type(s) of appointments that can be booked, such as a "Flu Shot" appointment for a flu shot clinic.
- Ensure you click the "Save" button at the bottom left when complete.