Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Any health service offerings for home-based services will allow you to add a catchment area to your listing. This will allow Ocean Healthmap users to locate the specific area where your services are available.
To add a catchment area to your directory listing, navigate to that listing in the Ocean Portal and complete the steps below.
- Add a health service offering for home-based services, such as homecare services, palliative homecare, meal services, and housekeeping to your listing. Click on that offering to view the offering details.
- Adjust the boundaries of the catchment area by dragging the white circles to define the shape of the area. You can move and zoom in or out of the map displayed on the screen.
- Click "OK" when you are satisfied with the shape of your catchment area.
Using a geojson file for direct catchment area import
If you use a service such as Google My Maps, you can create your own catchment areas that can be exported as geo json files that can be uploaded directly into Ocean.
- A file browser will then open. Navigate to the json file on your computer and select the file to upload the pre-defined catchment area into Ocean
- Review and confirm that the uploaded catchment area looks correct and then click "OK" when you are satisfied with the shape of your catchment area.
- The catchment area will be updated for this offering in your Ocean Healthmap directory listing.