Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
- A catchment area can be added to your Directory Listing to allow Ocean Healthmap users to view the specific area where your services are available.
Adding a Catchment Area
To add a catchment area to your Directory Listing, navigate to your listing's settings in the Ocean Portal, and complete the steps below.
- Within the 'Service Details' section of your Directory Listing, locate the 'Catchment Area' setting and press 'Specify...' Click the "Specify..." button next to the .
- Adjust the boundaries of the catchment area by dragging the white circles to define the shape of the area. You can move and zoom in or out of the map displayed on the screen.
- Click "OK" when you are satisfied with the shape of your catchment area.
Using a GeoJSON file for Direct Catchment Area Import
If you use a service such as Google My Maps, you can create your own catchment areas that can be exported as GeoJSON files that can be uploaded directly into Ocean.
- A file browser will then open. Navigate to the JSON file on your computer and select the file to upload the pre-defined catchment area into Ocean
- Review and confirm that the uploaded catchment area looks correct and then click "OK" when you are satisfied with the shape of your catchment area.
- The catchment area for your Directory Listing will be updated on the Ocean Healthmap.