In this step, you will enable the Ocean integration module and acquire your EMR Instance ID and Secret to configure the Cloud Connect integration.
Note: You will need to be an admin user in Med Access to complete this step.
Configure the Ocean integration module
- Go back to the Profile dashboard and click "Mobile Settings".
- Under the Extension Application header located on the left-hand side of the page, select Integration Management.
- Locate the Ocean by CognisantMD entry and click the purple "Configure" button.
Please refer to these instructions only if you have specifically been directed to do so by CognisantMD Support.
- In the window that appears, click the box labeled "Enable Ocean by CognisantMD."
- If present, under the "Select User" dropdown, choose the "Ocean Connect" user.
Important Note: If your Ocean integration module requires you to select a user to configure the module, please refer to the section below labelled Create a new EMR user named "Ocean Connect."
Otherwise, proceed directly to Step F.
- Note down the values listed under "EMR Instance ID" and "EMR Secret." These two values will need to be entered into Cloud Connect to authenticate the Ocean site with your Med Access instance.
It is recommended you (temporarily) copy these to a text file on your computer for ease of use when completing your Cloud Connect integration.
- Press the "SAVE" button to enable the integration.
- Select "Device Management" on the left and choose "Connect, Ocean" as your mobile device user.
- With the Ocean user selected, click the purple "Pair Device" button.
If required, create a new EMR user named "Ocean Connect".
- This "Ocean Connect" user will serve as a makeshift user that Ocean Cloud Connect will use when saving notes.
- You can create a new user in the Profile dashboard located in the corner of the screen (you will need administrative privileges in Med Access to access this dialog). Choose "User List", then click "New".