Surgical appointments may be delayed due to periods of unavailability for patient reasons. To accurately capture wait times and incorporate these delays, you will want to document the dates affecting readiness to consult and treat.
To remove dates affecting readiness to consult and treat from your wait times, an option has been added to the eReferral Notes function.
- Click the button next to "New Note" and select "Add Dates Affecting Readiness to Consult/ Treat" from the menu options.
- Choose the appropriate reason for the delay from the available options.
- Note: these options are aligned with terminology in the Wait Time Information System.
- Then, choose the dates that should be subtracted from your wait times for the selected DARC/T reason.
- Note: If you do not know the end date at the time of logging the DARC/T, you can choose to leave it blank. This will save the DARC/T with an "Indefinite" end value.
- Click "OK" to save your changes and record the Dates Affecting Readiness to Consult/Treat on your referral.
- If there are multiple reasons for Dates Affecting Readiness to Consult/ Treat, record each one separately by repeating the steps above.
- If the DARC/T end date is left as "Indefinite", and you go to add an appointment date on the referral, you will be prompted with the following error.
- In order to edit the DARC/T, go to the Notes pane of the referral and click on the blue text note that contains the DARC/T information.
- This will open up the original window that the DARC/T was logged in. Add in the End Date and click OK to save your changes. You will now be able to save the appointment on the referral.
The dates will be subtracted from the appropriate wait (Wait 1 or Wait 2) based on the dates selected in each note and will be added to your referral analytics to allow for reporting in the Wait Time Information System.