When using Ocean Check-in Kiosks, patients are required to swipe their health card to check in for their appointment. By default, after a health card has been swiped, the kiosk will display an "Introduction Screen" with a birthday validation field, to verify the patient's identity. This provides an additional security measure to ensure that only the appropriate patient has access to their own forms.
When a tablet is in "Kiosk Mode", you may notice that the options to control the introduction screen and birthday validation are blocked. However, we understand that our clients serve a variety of patient groups with diverse needs, some of whom would prefer to just go straight to their forms after check-in. The steps below will describe how you can still change these settings, even for tablets in kiosk mode.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Tablets tab.
- Locate your kiosk tablet group and click "Edit".
- In the Introduction tab, change tablet mode from "Kiosk" to "Staff-Initiated". This will allow you to access the "Always Show Introduction Screen" and "Birthday Validation" checkboxes.
- Uncheck the "Always Show Introduction Screen" and "Birthday Validation" boxes, as needed, and then save your changes.
- Click "Edit" again to return back into your kiosk tablet group settings.
- Change tablet mode from "Staff-Initiated" back to "Kiosk Mode" and save your changes.
- Once you've saved your changes, enter 3 or 4 random digits into your Ocean tablet and it should return to "Kiosk Mode" (i.e. asks for the health number), with your introduction screen and/or birthday validation disabled.
Note: The introduction screen checkbox MUST be checked in order to have birthday validation enabled, but the introduction screen can be enabled without birthday validation.