Receive an eRequest submission.
Review the eRequest submission.
- Follow the link to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the eRequests tab.
- You will find the new eRequest submission in the "New" folder.
Accept or Complete the eRequest submission.
- If this is a simple patient inquiry that can be answered with one reply, simply type your response in the "Comments for Referrer and Patient" box (in the Scheduling pane) and mark the request as "Completed".
- If this is an appointment request, once you've verified that this is a legitimate patient request, accept the eRequest submission.
Import the eRequest information into your patient's chart.
- If you are an PS Suite or OSCAR user, if you have a patient chart with matching demographic data, you should have a quick link on the Ocean Toolbar in your EMR, which will allow you to import a patient's information using the Ocean reference number provided.
- If your eForms are also configured to collect patient demographic fields, these fields should get automatically updated in the patient's chart when you import their eRequest submission.
- If you are using Accuro and there is a field in your eRequest form that is for the patient's health number and that field is mapped to the health number field in the EMR, the note from an accepted eRequest will automatically be uploaded into the patient (with matching health number)'s chart in Accuro.
If you use non-integrated EMR, you can download the eRequest submission and upload it into your EMR as a PDF.
Note: If this was a simple patient inquiry, once you've marked the eRequest as "Completed" and imported the note into the patient's chart in your EMR, then you are done processing this eRequest (and can skip the rest of the steps outlined below).
Book your patient's appointment (if applicable).
- An accepted eRequest will be found in the "Pending Booking" folder.
- If the patient has been booked for their appointment, go back into the eRequests tab of Ocean Portal, find the patient again, enter in their appointment details in the "Scheduling" panel, and then save the eRequest.
Confirm the appointment booking (if applicable).
- If you have an "Email" field on your eRequest form, once you've saved the appointment booking, the patient will be sent an email containing their appointment details and an option to confirm their scheduled appointment.
- The patient will then move into the "Booked Unconfirmed" folder until either they confirm their appointment by clicking the button in the email notification sent to them or you manually mark them as confirmed.
- Once the patient has confirmed their appointment, they will then move into the "Booked Confirmed" folder of the eRequests tab.
Mark the eRequest as completed.
- Once the patient's appointment date has passed, you can go back into the eRequests tab of the Ocean Portal to find their eRequest submission and mark it as "Completed".
- This will move the eRequest to the "Completed" subfolder of the "Processed" folder.