There may be times where an Ocean eReferral is initiated, but further information is required before it can be completed and sent (e.g. physician is waiting on a prior imaging report, or lab result to include in the referral).
- In these scenarios, the "Save for Later" function in the bottom left of the referral form can be clicked.
- Clicking this provides a URL that you can use to access the referral again, for later completion. If you are not using an EMR, copy and store this link for later use.
- For EMR users, a referral note with this URL will be automatically downloaded in the patient's chart notes. So you can simply click "OK" here and close out of the referral window.
Warning: This referral will only be saved for 30 days, so you'll need to complete the referral in that time frame. After 30 days, this URL can no longer be used, and you'll need to initiate the referral again.
- PS Suite users are also welcome to download and install the Ocean Incomplete eReferral custom form into your EMR.
- Clicking "Save for Later" on an eReferral will trigger this form to be added to the patient's notes in their chart in PS Suite.
- From there, the "Resume Completing eReferral" button can be clicked to open the saved eReferral form again, completed, and then sent (versus copying and pasting the URL into a new browser).
- A PS Suite internal message (i.e. sticky note) will also be triggered to ensure the referral is completed.