Contact QHR customer support to enable your API for Ocean.
- Contact QHR customer support to enable your API for Ocean and provide you with an API URL, username and password.
- If you signed up for an Ocean account using the Accuro affiliate signup link, Accuro will already be notified and will reach out to you to send you your API information accordingly.
- Note: This is a dedicated URL, username and password for API access that must be configured and provided by Accuro. Your normal Accuro username and password will not work and the API URL is different from your Citrix login URL. It should be something like “https://abcde.ace.cloudwerx.com” (where abcde is a unique five letter acronym for your Accuro instance).
Enter your QHR Accuro API credentials in OceanConnect.
Test and save your configuration settings.
- Click on “Test & Save Configuration” to make sure that the connection is working. Once the configuration is saved, OceanConnect will automatically extract, encrypt and upload the next 7 days of appointments.
Verify appointment synchronization.
- Verify your appointment synchronization with Accuro by logging in to the Ocean Portal and verifying that the patients from your booked appointments in Accuro have appeared in the Patients tab of the Ocean portal. If your patients have not appeared in the Patients tab, click “Sync Appointments Now” to force another synchronization with the Accuro appointment schedule.
Congratulations! Your OceanConnect is now set up and ready to go.
To learn more about OceanConnect, please refer to "Understanding Ocean Connect".
If you're having trouble with OceanConnect, please refer to these troubleshooting steps.
Overview of the OceanConnect Fields
- Arrived Custom Status Name:
- If you are planning on using an Ocean Check-In Kiosk, you will need to create a custom status that matches the name of the status in this field exactly. For more details about configuring this custom status on the Accuro side, please refer to "Set Your Custom Status".
- Appt Reminder Sent Custom Status Name:
- If you are planning on using Ocean Reminders, you will want to create a custom status in your Accuro that will flag the patients' appointment when an Ocean Reminder email has been sent to them. This field of the OceanConnect app must match the name of the custom status that you create for it in your Accuro. Again, for more details about configuring this custom status on the Accuro side, please refer to "Set Your Custom Status".
- Schedule Days to Sync:
- The default setting for this field is 7 days. Keep this setting, UNLESS you are planning to use form reminders with a lead time greater than this time interval. (For example, if your site wants to send form reminders 14 days in advance of a patient visit, then 14 days is required.)
- Combine Progress Note:
- If this checkbox is checked off, if a patient fills out multiple Ocean eForms at one sitting, all resultant notes from that eForm will go into one single encounter note in the patient's chart in Accuro (vs. each form creating a separate encounter for each Ocean eForm completed).
- Test & Save Configuration
- Saves any changes to the settings you've made to any of the above settings.
- Sync Appointments Now
- Manually synchronizes appointments. (OceanConnect will automatically synchronize with your appointments in your Accuro appointment schedule with the patients in your Ocean Portal every 30 minutes.)
- Alternatively, you can also manually synchronize your appointments from the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal by selecting "Synchronize Appointments" from the Actions menu.
- View Log
- Shows you a log of OceanConnect activity that can be sent to CognisantMD for troubleshooting purposes.
- Clear Activation
- Clears your OceanConnect URL, Tenant, UUID, and REST API login information, disconnecting Ocean and Accuro.
- Change EMR
- Takes you back to the EMR selection screen.
- Open Ocean Tablet
- Opens the Ocean Tablet app on your device.