Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
If you work with an MOA, receptionist, nurse, resident, or student who will be sending eConsults/eReferrals and/or Patient Messaging on your behalf, you will want to invite them to set them as a Clinical Delegate.
*This step is an optional part of setting up an Ocean eReferral / Patient Messaging user who will be sending online messages, eConsults and/or eReferrals on your behalf.
If you do not have Site Admin access, but would still like to manage the Delegates associated with your own individual Ocean user account, please see: How do I set a Clinical Delegate user for my Ocean user account?
Set a Clinical Delegate
A Clinical Delegate has the ability to send eReferrals/eConsults on behalf of another Ocean user. There is no limit to the number of Clinical Delegates that an Ocean user can have.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the 'Menu' button in the top left corner and select 'Admin'.
- Locate the user that you would like to set a Clinical Delegate for, and press 'Edit Delegates' on the right.
- Under the 'Clinical Delegates' heading, press the 'Add Clinical Delegate' button and select the desired Ocean user(s) that you would like to assign as a Clinical Delegate for the user that you are managing.
Set a Primary Delegate (optional)
A Primary Delegate shares the same functionality as a Clinical Delegate, however they also have the ability to share the Patient Messaging license of the user that they are designated as the Primary Delegate for (if applicable).
Each Ocean user can have one Primary Delegate. The Primary Delegate must be assigned one of the following Clinician Types: 'MOA/Secretary', 'Nurse', 'Resident', 'Physician Assistant' or 'Other'. If needed, please see how to update your Clinician Type.
- From the 'Users' page, locate the user that you would like to set a Primary Delegate for, and press 'Edit Delegates' on the right.
- Under the 'Primary Delegate' heading, press the 'Add Primary Delegate' button and select the desired Ocean user that you would like to assign as the Primary Delegate for the user that you are managing.