If the patient’s email address and consent to receive eReferral notifications via email was provided at the time the eReferral was sent, the patient will receive email notifications when any of the following changes are made to their referral.
- If the referral is declined, the referral decliner can choose to notify the patient of this declination.
- If the referral decliner does chooses to notify the patient, the patient will receive an email, notifying them of this declination (booking comments will vary based on the reason for declining the referral).
- Note: A referral may be declined for various reasons, such as if the receiving site determines that it is not appropriate or if it is incomplete.
- If the referral is cancelled, an email notification is automatically sent to the patient. The reason for the referral cancellation will appear in the booking comments.
- Note: A referral may be cancelled likely because it has already been booked or the patient/referring provider has changed their mind about requesting the referral.