CognisantMD employees (including system administrators) never have access to our customers' encryption keys and therefore, cannot see any PHI. Neither the tablet nor the EMR ever send encryption keys to our server.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Security & Encryption FAQ
- What are the privacy impacts of patient emails?
- How do I protect the privacy of my site's shared encryption key?
- What personal health information (PHI) is stored in Ocean?
- How does CognisantMD validate referrers as legitimate health service providers (HSPs)?
- How does CognisantMD validate health service directory listings as legitimate healthcare providers?
- What is CognisantMD/Ocean's Role Under PHIPA?
- How do Ocean customers avoid privacy and/or security risks when using Ocean?
- How long are patient records (with PHI) kept in Ocean?
- Does patient data reside on the tablet?