CognisantMD employees (including system administrators) never have access to our customers' encryption keys and therefore, cannot see any PHI. Neither the tablet nor the EMR ever send encryption keys to our server.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Note: Patient Messages were previously referred to as Ocean Online Messages
Note: Website Forms were previously referred to as Ocean eRequests
Security & Encryption FAQAt A Glance: Security & Encryption FAQ Read All FAQs View All Terms Return To Guide Return To Getting Started Guide Read All Articles
- Can you describe the network flow of data in Ocean?
- What personal health information (PHI) is stored in Ocean?
- How do Ocean customers avoid privacy and/or security risks when using Ocean?
- Where is Ocean data stored?
- How does Ocean keep PHI secure in email?
- How do I protect the privacy of my site's shared encryption key?
- What is the difference between Health Information Custodians and Non-Health Information Custodians?
- How does CognisantMD validate referrers as legitimate health service providers (HSPs)?
- How does CognisantMD validate health service directory listings as legitimate healthcare providers?