Rarely, technical issues on the tablet require CognisantMD to be able to remotely log in and inspect the tablet. Here are the instructions to follow if your Ocean technical support person needs remote control of your Ocean Tablet.
- Open the Ocean Tablet app on the tablet you require support for.
- Tap the "Configure Tablet" button and enter your Ocean username and password
- Tap "Install TeamViewer" and follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- Once TeamViewer QuickSupport has been installed, run the app. It may prompt you to install an additional app to allow remote control of the device. This is a tablet model-specific app that can only be installed after TeamViewer is initially installed. Follow the on-screen instructions to install this app.
- At this point, you should see a 9-digit code that your technical support contact will need to connect to your tablet. You will need to have access to the tablet to approve remote control when technical support connects to the tablet.
- You will also be able to observe all actions taken by the technical support person and can disconnect remote control at any time.
Warning: There was a bug prior to Ocean Tablet version 159 in the Ocean Tablet tamper protection code that causes the tablet to be de-registered from Ocean when TeamViewer is installed. This was fixed in Ocean Tablet version 159. To correct this, simply re-register the tablet with Ocean when you see the orange tamper warning box in the Ocean Tablet app. You'll need your Ocean username and password, plus your shared encryption key to re-register the tablet.