Autofill is a common default setting on a number of tablets found in the keyboard options. Having this option activated may result in some patients being able to see information typed in by patients who used the tablet before them.
To turn off autofill on Samsung tablets:
- Other tablets should have similar settings.
- Note: If autofill continues to be a problem, it may be useful to download the Google Keyboard ("Gboard") from the Google Play Store and use that instead of the default Samsung keyboard.
Autocorrect is also a common default tablet setting that can be frustrating if a patient is required to type in free text.
To turn off autocorrect:
- Go into the Settings app.
- Select "Language & Input".
- Select the keyboard that you are using (most likely the Google keyboard, i.e. Gboard).
- Select "Text Correction".
- Toggle the "Auto-correction" to the left to turn it off.