To enable an individual Patient Messages license subscription:
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Admin".
- On the left, select the "Providers" page. This is a list of providers in your EMR.
- Select the checkbox under "Patient Messages Licence ($25/month each)" next to the provider you want to enable.
- Next, link the selected EMR provider license with an Ocean user account. On the left, select the “Users” page.
- In the "EMR Provider" column, select the appropriate provider from the list.
Assign a Primary Delegate (optional):
A provider with a Patient Messages License can share this license with one other user that must be assigned one of the following clinician types: MOA/secretary, nurse, resident, physician assistant or other. This will allow the delegate user to send patient messages through Ocean on the providers behalf. To share a providers Patient Messages License, in addition to being assigned one of the clinician types listed above, the individual needs to have an Ocean user account, be invited to the providers Ocean site and assigned as their Primary Delegate.
Note: Ocean users can be associated with any available provider schedule to message patients. (i.e. "Doctor A" provider does not need to necessarily be paired against a corresponding "Doctor A" Ocean user.)
This license does not limit a user to only contacting patients under the specific provider schedule.